Give Us Feedback and we’ll make improvements based on your comments!
Even in the business world, you’ll find yourself in situations where you’ll have to work with and spend time around difficult, downright mean, or toxic people. While we get to choose who we have around us in our personal lives outside of the office, we don’t get to choose who we spend our workdays with. It could be your boss, a coworker, a competitor, or business partner.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t matter who it is, difficult, toxic people can make work situations a living hell. That’s why we’ve compiled some articles from experts, influencers, and professionals who know how to handle difficult people. You’ll be able to learn some techniques for dealing with these situations without becoming a toxic person yourself.
We’ve compiled some articles from experts, influencers, and professionals who know how to handle difficult people.Click To Tweet
When the difficult person is your boss
- 10 Brilliant Tips for Dealing with a Difficult Boss by The Muse
- How to Deal With Difficult Bosses by The Balance
- How To Handle A Bad Boss: 7 Strategies For ‘Managing Up’ by Forbes
- 7 Ways To Deal With A Difficult Boss by Forbes
- How to Deal with a Difficult or Bullying Boss by Psychology Today
- 9 Ways for Employees to Deal With a Difficult Boss by Inc.
- Five Types of Difficult Bosses by Your Office Coach
- 5 Types of Difficult Bosses (And How to Deal) by Everygirl
When the difficult or toxic person is your co-worker
- How to Survive Dysfunctional and Difficult Coworkers by Oprah.com
- How to Deal With a Difficult Co-Worker by Inc.
- Learn How to Deal With Difficult People at Work by The Balance
- Ten Tips for Dealing with Difficult Coworkers by All Business
- Co-Workers from Hell: Dealing with Difficult Colleagues by salary.com
- The Scientifically Proven Way To Deal With Difficult Coworkers by Fast Company
When you’re dealing with toxic work culture
- 4 Ways to Stay Sane in a Toxic Office by The Muse
- Coping in a Toxic Work Environment by Forbes
- Workplace Checklist: How Toxic is Yours? By Monster
- 15 Ways to Stay Sane in a Toxic Office by Bustle
- 5 Signs You’re Stuck in a Toxic Workplace by Business Insider
How to tell if you’re the difficult person
- 6 Signs You’re A Toxic Co-Worker, Plus 6 Easy Fixes To Match For A More Positive Work Environment by Bustle
- 17 Signs Your Coworkers Secretly Hate You by Business Insider
- 7 Signs That You Are a Difficult Person and What To Do About It by Susan Ways on LinkedIn
- Signs You Might be a Toxic Colleague by Harvard Business Review
Sometimes we get stuck with toxic people or situations that are toxic or difficult. But that doesn’t mean that we’re powerless. Read some of these articles to help you find ways to deal with your difficult boss or coworkers, change your toxic work environment, or find out if maybe you’re the problem (and make changes).
Tell us about a time you had to deal with a toxic or difficult boss, coworker, or environment. What was going on, and how did you handle it? And, if you found yourself to be the toxic person at some point in your life (no judgment from us) let us know what you did to change that behavior.
Tell us about a time you had to deal with a toxic or difficult boss, coworker, or environment. Click To Tweet
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I’m Morgan, the copywriter and content strategist for businesses and entrepreneurs looking to position themselves as industry experts. I live in the Northwest and enjoy 90’s alternative music, Gilmore Girls, Harry Potter, and drinking too much coffee. Learn more about me and the services I provide by visiting my website.